Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

AWS CWI/CWE Exam Results?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeldTx07

Structural
Mar 8, 2015
US
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, currently trying to figure out navigation throughout the site. If this has been posted I apologize for the repeat, although your relevant feedback would be greatly appreciated!! I just took my CWI/CWE exam today. I'm a nervous wreck because of all the weight on my shoulders(just like the average Joe). Anyway, I think I did okay but it's unclear when my results will be processed and sent to me so I can relax a little. I realize there is nothing I can do to change the scantron now, but that's just my personality to worry. Looking on different search engines and on here I've been unsuccessful in finding an accurate answer to my question which seems like it would be readily available. I was told the quickest way to find out your results is loging onto the AWS website, under "messages" AWS will update that inbox first. I've heard e-mail is shortly after. My question is WHEN have they been updating the website? Two weeks after the test? Two days? That's where the rubber meets the road in the forum. Getting a CLEAR response on when to be prepared to log-in onto AWS and watch for results. In addition it would be helpful to see the time frame others have waited.. How long did you have to wait ? Has anyone received results in 2-3 days?

Thanks for your help guys !
WeldTx

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I appreciate the input guys. I havnt searched for a job in a long time. Unfortunately I feel like I'm extremely underpayed for the duties I currently perform; to make matters worse the company I work for just cut my hours(I work full-time), I'm not happy so I've been looking all around South Louisiana, and South Texas for CWI work. Ive submit my resume with several companies and havnt heard anything. I'm 26 and have been in inspection for a while, I've noticed that API 510 and API 560 is in high demand along with the CWI that would be a big plus in adding to the resume.

WeldTx

@WeldTx, I don't know a dollar figure, but I can tell you the people really doing well for themselves are working on shutdowns out in the desert. A lot of them work a shutdown and then don't work for the rest of the year.

@WeldTx, Did you find a new Inspection job yet. I am a new CWI cardholder as well and nobody seems to be calling back. I have sent out several resumes and now I am thinking about going old-fashion and knocking on doors.

@young15 yes I did. I'm actually working on a construction job in Miami, FL. We are building an LNG loading station from the ground up. I'm 17hrs from home but i think I'm getting paid well(considering I just got my cert). 37/hr. $120/day per diem and working Monday-Friday 7-6pm. This job is SUPPOSED to end in October2015. 👍🏽👍🏽😎😎

I need to find a source of names of the big construction contractors. I am having a hard time finding anything as well. I have dropped off resumes at the places I know of, but after that i'm struggling to find places to apply.

Look at the AWS.org web site, look for "member services" and then look for "jobs" They list many CWI positions that are available. You will have to go to the work, they rarely bring the work to you.

Many companies are looking for something other than people that passed the open code book exam with API 1104 if they are involved with structural steel, bridges, etc.

Best regards - Al

Personally, I have zero experience with pipe. My entire career has been in structural. I tested to D1.1. But my work has all been shop welding and I am looking to get out of that. Im just not entirely sure how to go about it. I would like to drop off some resumes with companies that employ CWI's, so they have mine on file even though they may not have open positions right now... i'm having a hard time finding these contractors tho. Seems like a stupid problem to have lol :) im patient. I will find something eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back