Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

B-cubic spline

Status
Not open for further replies.

highlander3

Mechanical
Sep 25, 2006
Hi all,

Does anybody know how can I define in ABAQUS CAE (analytical field) B-cubic symmetric function(B-spline) as pressure over certin surface?

e.g. Gaussian function is in analytical field: pow(e,-(X^2+Y^2)*10)

Thanks in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Section 39 of the ABAQUS/CAE User's Manual describes the "Analytical Field" concept. Put simply, you input a field via any valid Python expression, then in the load dialog box you can refer to this field (there is a combo box pulldown for "disribution". You'll find the field you created listed in there)

Thanks brep,

but I'm not familiar with Payton. I think that there is a way to define pressure distribution through the function "dload" as subroutine but i don't have any experience in that.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks.

I am refering to the ability to define a spatial distribution just by providing an expression along the lines of: pow(e,-(pow(X,2)+pow(Y,2)*10))
(This is exactly what your first message required)
You create this expression as an Analytical Field, then refer to it in the load. You don't really need to understand any programming, just that the syntax of the expression is that of Python.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back