Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

B16.5 verification tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metma

Mechanical
Feb 21, 2008
IT
is it legal to develop and sell an excel sheet that permit to verify flanges pressure ratings through ASME B16.5?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Nope, not legal ... We have rules in this country to deal with the hardened and arrogant cyber scofflaw !!!

It is an egregious and fellonious insult to the Statutes of the US Government and the Cannons of the ASME establishment

Highly Trained Government agents are always at the ready to hunt-down and arrest Excel Spreadsheet Criminals

MJCronin
Sr. Process Engineer

It really isn't that difficult to look at B16 5.

I can't recall verifying anything.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

What ever your excel file calculates would be an unofficial rating. The rating that is published in the Tables of B16.5 are the official values...period. There are equations in the Appendices of B16.5 that explain how the values in the Table were derived, but it is the Table values that are to be used.

I have a free excel sheet I send to clients if they want it. It interpolates the ratings based on temperature, it saves me a lot time answering questions about what pressure/temp flanges are good for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back