Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

B31.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I understood your original question. This is why I rephrased it because “in effect” means absolutely nothing unless it is stipulated by contract documents OR by local building codes or Jurisdictional rules. If the contract documents refer to the latest edition of B31.1, this would be 2007/2008. For the 2009 addenda, they become effective 6 months from date of publication (6/09).

About this Boiler External Piping Edition/Addenda.
I have taught by AI's long time ago that because BEP goes under Section I's jurisdiction for Boiler External Piping you shall use for B31.1 the Edition and Addenda into which is referenced in applicable Section I table A-360.
So when this moment for Section I mandatory Edition/Addenda is 2007Edition/2008Addenda (..2009 Addenda can be used)you should look A-360 of this addenda.
I don't have Code books at home but I'm afraid Section I (07Ed/08Ad) Table A-360 is referring still to ASME B31.1-2004b (=2006 Addenda).
Section I 07Ed/09Add (mandatory in the beginning of 2010) will refer to B31.1-2007 Edition.
Am I totally wrong..? This way our AI's have taught.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back