Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Babelbox Protocol Converter Configuration 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sackeyfio

Electrical
Oct 22, 2003
GH
We have Babelbox Protocol Converter made by Paradigm Controls Ltd, UK. This converter interfaces Bailey DCS Infi90 system to Alfa Laval PLC sattcon200.

We were trying to upload settings from this converter using VT100 hypertext terminal when the converter stopped communicating with the PLC and DCS.

We have tried without success to contact Paradigm Controls Ltd, the manufacturer for instruction manual and codes in using the VT100 to communicate with the converter.

Will appreciate a hand from anyone on the codes using VT100 to communicate with this converter.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Illiterate,Swinney24,

I have contacted redlion controls who have in turn given me the electronic copy of the babelbox manuals. I am indeed grateful to you.

So my babelbox is now running but I am yet to have communications between Bailey Infi90 DCS and alfa laval PLC Satcon200.

Now I will proceed with the comms checks.

Bailey INFI90 FDI (Foreign Device Interface) normally gives error codes for troubleshooting which you should verify by monitoring the module configuration using CADTXT or WIntools or Composer.

Sabap,

The DCS side was checked OK. DCS Tx signals were being received at the Babel Box OK. Checked the babel box configuration for DCS reads and found the Port B Drop# to be 5 so I changed it to None to conform to other drop# for reads/writes. I put Babel box in run mode and now have DCS talking to PLC OK through Babel Box.

What I am left now is to upload the Babel Box configuration to disk. Since I do not know the configuration filename, I cannot perform the uploading.

Any body know how to upload babel box configuration without knowing the filename.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back