Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backdoor Password for SLC 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have not done this my self but I have been told that you can alter the S register through remote comms if you have a SCADA system or simular. I don't have my AB stuff with me now but will look up that S reister when I can.

Here is a method that I know works and may be easier to do than the above:

Create a new logix file *.rss and set a master password like 99999, it has to be numeric entry. Save the file, close it and then open it. when you open it it should prompt you for the password. put in 99999 and then it should open. This is just to check the password capability. Then close the file and open it in Wordpad and search for 99999 it is usually located down about 90% of the page and to the right about 70%. This is where the password is stored. Now open your file with the unkown password in Wordpad and look in the same area as the test file. you should find your password.

Good Luck.

Steve

"ABUNLOCK" is for PLC5, Not SLC.
SLC is numerical, and requires translation to numbers using the telephone keypad code.
So "ABUNLOCK" = 22865625
This works on SLC500, but not Micrologix.
If anyone knows access for ControlLogix or Micrologix, I would appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back