Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Baja Vehicle Model , File Driven Event , Result differences 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

behnam jafari

Automotive
Apr 24, 2019
IR
I've got a post-made model that is for year 2009 and it has different results than what is given with its accompanying video

the wonder is where the Numeric Value in postprocessing is the same as the video and given results by the MSC model but the units are different

what can i do ???? please help

the model is at the following address

and i have uploaded results pictures: the right ones are my results but the left ones are the video from 2009

%D8%B0_uty5zr.png
c_lpmox6.png
d_g7yw3a.png
%D8%B4_abijxl.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hi GregLocock

No there's no particular reason .

Just that it is a file driven event and that there's just this test that has been videos recorded so i can compare it with the recording and processing .

and also i just want to validate this file in my project and see if it gives the same result as it did in 2009 .

thanks for answering so fast

another important question :

Is it possible that the file driven event is giving the results for the intended unit in 2009 ( g or kph ) and the Adams 2018 is just showing the wrong unit ???

just a theory ... i say this because the numbers and the peaks are almost exactly the same ...

here it is : ( more reasonable )
Capture_ervck2.png

however I think I should show you the start of the assembly message window so you can see if there's any problem :

Opening the assembly: 'baja_full_vehicle_swingarm'...
Opening the front suspension subsystem: 'baja_front_suspension'...
WARNING: -----------------------------------------------
WARNING: Part tierod was not found in template <shared>/templates.tbl/_double_wishbone.tpl
WARNING: -----------------------------------------------
WARNING: Link geometry tierod was not found in template <shared>/templates.tbl/_double_wishbone.tpl
Opening the rear suspension subsystem: 'baja_swingarm'...
Converting template from version 13.9 to 14.0 ...

hi Greg Locock

sorry to call on so early . I guess replying so fast has heightened my expectations .

i'm just checking to see if you have reached any solutions to the problem at hand .

thanks alot

yes you are right sorry I checked that and it gave this :

1_haylsy.png

2_a5wejw.png

i hope you are not angry enogh to answer this one question ...

when i said it is a file driven event . i ment it has a Road Data File and a Driver Control Files as every file driven event does , and the Road Data File Info is as following :
Capture3_xeqhoj.png

in this Info , the units are foot , newton , radians , kg and sec , and i'm choosing MMKS units when i run the simulation , is it possible that the results are showing me the units of the default road file with the herald of MMKS ?? what i mean is that is it possible that the results that are being shown are based on the units given by the road file ???

hi

for this matter I should first appreciate GregLocock for showing me a way to get what was really going on ...

I did what you said and I saw that eventhough my predefined unit in adams and postprocessing was MMKS , only those two graghs that I mentioned earlier , had a different unit and were kph=(kilometers per hour ) and based on g ( gravitation ) … so the units on those two graphs were defined different than the other graphs ( exclamation point )

so there was the reason for my confusion ... and that's why i made him a little upset ...

however ... thanks a lot you , solved my problem ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back