Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basement parking area ventilation

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiriseBuilding

Mechanical
Oct 16, 2008
PH
We have three basement carpark level in my building and ventilation is very poor. I am planning to put a exhaust system in order to have an air circulation in the Basement. I just want to know guys what can you suggest to me the airflow rate for the basement parking area and what type of exhaust fan that suites for exhaust system in the basement parking area. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We typically control these ventillation systems with Carbon Monoxide (CO) sensors, approximately one sensor for every 5,000 to 7,000 sq. ft. and activated to operate the ventilation system when the CO reaches 25 ppm, this helps save energy in multiple ways by not having the ventilation system running when the air quality is OK, not contaiminated by vehicle exhaust (CO).
Make-up air requires heating in the winter, cooling in the summer, as well as the enormous amount of power ventilation systems of this size draw.

Ron S.

Canadian Building Code requires 0.75 cfm/sq.ft... wonder why the IMC is so much higher?

We typically provide this airflow controlled by CO/NOx sensors as outlined by 'gasdetector' above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back