Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic Curves Dialog Bar 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

roconnor

Marine/Ocean
Dec 9, 2004
US
This has got to be an obvious one, but how do you retrieve the dialog bar (for basic curves) after it has disappeared?
It's not hidden, so far as we can tell, and is not available on the toolbar customize menu.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I just tried this in NX2 by undocking my tracking bar & closing it with the X, so hopefully it will work for you.

Bring up the Basic Curves dialog, then right click over an area where a toolbar could be docked like you were going to make a toolbar visible or customize a toolbar. Somewhere on the list you should see dialog bar. Press it & the tracking bar should reappear. Hope this works out for you.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Tim's advice is good. I couldn't find a toolbar, so I proceeded to customize, unchecked the toolbar option I needed, then re-checked it. It then appeared and I was able to dock it where I wanted.

Thanks for the feedback. This was a co-worker's dilemma, and he had already attempted what you suggested. Turns out GTAC had him reset his registry file. Works fine now.

I just want to reiterate that unless you have the Basic Curves dialog active (showing) you won't see the option for the Tracking Bar on the checklist/pulldown/popup or whatever you wish to call it.

The registry fix always works, but isn't something I'd personally recommend on this board as an initial answer to a toolbar problem. I don't want to be responsible for someone potentially screwing up their registry. You did the right thing (IMO) by calling GTAC roconnor.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Tim,
Thanks for the reiteration - didn't read your first posting closely enough. Hard to believe my whole team overlooked the obvious.

-Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back