Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

basic earth handling equipment manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kivi

Mining
May 29, 2005
CA
Can anyone tell me if there is a basic book on earth handling equipment for design purposes. such as crushers, hammer mills, trommels, conveyors, bucket equipment, dredging, etc. I'm an underground mining guy and want to learn a bit about this equipment and processes. from hardrock to clay to soil to sand etc.
thanks,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks,
got that info on the loaders, any handbooks on general material handling? I've had to call suppliers to educate me, but I would think that there should be something else available?

Not sure exactly what you're wanting to learn.

CAT DOES have another publication, not only on loaders, but for several types of equipment; earth volume calcs.,cycle times, basic soil principles, earth moving tips & efficiency, and a lot of other tricks all rolled up in one little handbook. Any CAT sales rep should be able to get you one (I think). I had a complimentary copy once upon a time but remember it was a bit hard to get.

Don't know if it is what you're looking for or not but...good luck.

what about crushers and hammermills or other methods of communition on what materials? clay? is there some sort of boundary ucs of a rock type that will break up easier in a hammer mill than a jaw crusher?

Is there a website showing all equipment manufacturers for this stuff? conveyors? controlled conveyors, feeders,etc.

thanks,

To my knowledge, there is not a location that has it all wrapped into one. Each manufacturer should have thier own info available. The CAT handbook is invaluable for thier equip. Do an internet search for the types of things you are looking for. That can get you differen manufacturers, then look them up. The are the right people to tell you what each type of equip. can do.

I have a book from college, late 70's, "Heavy Construction Manual", Havers and Stubbs. McGraw Hill.
It has all that stuff. Don"t know if it's in print, maybe Amazon or some used book outfit has it. Good Luck

Thanks,
I will look it up. I also have found an equipment classifieds magazine to be useful called "Rock & Dirt" which I use to call suppliers who are more than eager to educate me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back