Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic EE stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

structeng13

Civil/Environmental
Oct 9, 2006
US
I am trying to put a panel schedule together, but I have never done it before. It is for a pool building that has some pumps for the pool and spa. I saw an example of another one that shows equivalent load on the A and B phase, my question is whether this is required for 240 Volt application because you are using both phases. For the other lighting loads, only the A or B phase is shown having a wattage. Please help! Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No offense intended, but the fact that you don't know even this simple task points to the fact that you need to turn the electrical portion of your project over to someone who does, even a licensced electrician if you don't want to hire an EE.

JRaef.com
Eng-Tips: Help for your job, not for your homework Read faq731-376 [pirate]

supporting jraef, a pool building is a more dangerous electrical environment than normal dry conditions, so that makes it even more unsuitable for a DIY project.

Maybe the pool building was already designed and built by qualified people, and the panel is just missing the schedule. No need to get all excited for no reason.

Where I work, we'd show it on both phases.

The electrician was sitting on it for a while, so I thought I could create the schedule quickly. I guess I will just leave it for him. thanks!

structeng13

Smart move. I'm sorry, I don't mean any offense, but
I don't do structural building designs even though I still
have my statics book from college......

A mechanical and I were talking about statics that we
took in college (many years ago) last night! Fond memories,
but I would feel dangerous with anything that someone would
live/work in! Much less swim in.

The scheduler could cause a problem if not connected by
someone with some experience in the field. I could see
a "hot chassis" on the panel, and wet floors and I really
shudder!