Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic info on a simple CATIA FEA Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericsherbrooke

Automotive
Sep 5, 2003
CA
Hi Guys,

I am Catia v5 designer, I want to play a little bit with CATIA FEA modules. What would be the tools needed to complete this type of simulation? (see attached image) Basicaly, it would be a soft rubber part on a table and a plate compressing it in a single direction.

The main purpose would be to know the strength needed to reach a certain plate position in the vertical axis and representation of the final deformation of the soft part.

If you could give me a little information about the tools needed I would start to read to gain information, Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks guys,

My understanding is that there is a few tools in catia v5 to make FEA, from a quick read, GSA (generative structural analysis) is mostly for linear, NSA (would be non linear structural analysis)

I'm pretty sure Dassault embeded abaqus tools in some of the catia bundles. Just need to find the ones that I need.

Any other help is welcome.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back