Batch converter NX files to STEP, JT, IGES, Parasolid

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexMeca

Mechanical
Jan 11, 2013
FR
Hello all,

Currently I work on NX and convert all my files manually to different formats(STEP, JT, IGES, Parasolid) in order to send them to my suppliers.
For the futur I want to make it automatic.

Is it possible to realize a batch conversion to these format on an external server (without NX installed on it) ?
By this way me and my coworkers can continue to work on NX.

Thank you,
Regards,
Alex

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes I understand but I want to do that on an external server without NX.
I send files by FTP, and launch a batch.
Can I do that with NXOpen ?

have you an nx license on the server?
why with nx open ?
you can use the barch scripts from the translator directory of the nx install folder.
At my ex employer we have (re)configured a server directory/share where this is done translation like printer.
when you but nx files there ( with a timeshift) the translation was automaticly to an other server share.

As far as the external translator that was mentioned above;
Maybe someone can do a remote log-in to a computer that has NX installed on it, and the utilize the external translator from there. It will not affect the person at that computer working on NX CAD or CAM.

Yes, I looking for a solution like your, Uwam2ie.

But for me, if I'm not wrong, an external converter is cheaper than the NX licence(e.g. 3DEvolution from CoreTechnologie and EnSuite from CadCam-E)
Is there loght package of NX ? Because the full NX on a server will be really useless

"It will not affect the person at that computer working on NX CAD or CAM."

Other than slow that computer down due to the processing and disk writting done by the translator.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

When one does the "server translator install" you use the "standard NX install DVD". Probably one can do a selective install and select "Translators only".( i don't remember if the option exists or not)
Anyway it does not matter if you do a "full installation" or "translators only" because when the translator is running it will only need/ use the translator license. - It will for example not need the modeling license.
As uwam2ie notes, the "external translators" can be run in batch mode.

It is might be possible that you can find a cheaper non-Siemens translator that can read NX parts and convert these to Step / Iges etc but I would test that translator very thoroughly before buying. CAD data conversion isn't that simple.

Regards,
Tomas

Hello Thomas,
I just did a test with your solution.
Unfortunately I can't select during the installation "Translators only"

We use floating license, do you think it possible to use the translator without using the full NX license ?

I took contact with an non-Siemens translator, I will test it is well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back