Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Batch transformation in V4.2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkline

Aerospace
Jul 14, 2002
US
Is it possible to apply a stored "move" translation to a bunch of V4 models in batch mode. Our customer would like us to transform a whole series of models to a different coordinate system and doing it manually is not an option. Any ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

you have to write a little CATGEO program to do your task.

Regards
Stefan

What language is CATGEO written in. I'm actually not a CATIA programmer although I dabble in VB and php but CATIA is done using FORTRAN isn't it? Do you have any example code?

Hello,

when you don't know FORTRAN and speed isn't important, you can use IUA which is a interpreted language with many samples in the directory $CATIA/code/iua.

Regards
Stefan

Hello,

no, CATIA has to be up. but I think, this is more an organisational question. You can run your IUA over night.

If you want to run it really in batch mode, you have to write a CATGEO program in FORTRAN or C, compile it and link it with the catgeo linker.

Regards
Stefan

I checked at work today and our small IT department has no expertise in writing CATGEO routines. I found one of the CATIA manuals but it was just a list of all of the available commands but didn't explain what the input variables meant or any type of syntax.Can you recommend any books on the subject. I may have to take matters into my own hands.

Hello,

the most important document is the:
Apllication Programming Interface Manual catap sh52-0631

Here a typical (not complete) fortran source:

PROGRAM MSGMAIN
C-------------------------------------------------

IMPLICIT NONE

INTEGER*4 IZURUE,MNUM,IER
CHARACTER*8 MODDDN,MEMBER,CPASS

C DAS IST EIN CATGEO PROGRAMM
CALL CATGEO
CALL GLOGON (PROJ,GROUP,USER,ACCT,CPASS,IER,*999)

C----------------------------------------
CALL GIFALL (MEMBER,MODDDN,DISP,ICATI,IER,*999)
CALL GIMSIZ (MODDDN,EIN80,LINDEX,LDATA,IER,*999)
LINDEX = LINDEX + 100
LDATA = LDATA + 300
CALL GIMREA (MNUM,MODDDN,EIN80,LINDEX,LDATA,IER,*999)
CALL MSGMO (IZURUE)
CALL GUSEND (INULL,IER,*999)
CALL GIFRES (MODDDN,IER,*999)
GOTO 1000

999 CONTINUE
WRITE (6,*) 'FEHLER IN msgmain'
CALL GILERR (IER)

1000 CONTINUE
END

The source name have to be in CAPITAL letters (XXX.f) in the directory were the load module should be. Compile in AIX with:
xlf -c -O XXX.f
IRIX: f77 -c -Wf,-noappend XXX.f

Here the sample of a link script:

catgeo -p msgmain.o msgmo.o csystem.o -o /home/prog/v4load/msgmain

Good luck
Stefan

Did you ever resolve this CATGEO programming issue? This type of program is pretty stright forward.

You wouldn't happen to be Clyde Norman would you? If so, the answer to your question is yes because I had you write the routine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back