Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Batching Plant concrete Yield

Status
Not open for further replies.

irulandi

Civil/Environmental
Jan 17, 2002
GY

Dear Friends,

I am having Cement wastage more at my Project in Batching Plant Concrete. I Cheked Calibration and Dial Gauge movement in batching Plant, Everything is good. But when i am taking Yield from Batching Plant i found 7% of Required Output is less. What are the possibilities to avoid this.

I am using 0.75 Cum concrete Batch Batching Plant.

My Mix Designs i am giving below you.

For 1.00 Cum ( M20 Concrete )

Cement : 348 Kg / Cum

Sand : 696 Kg / Cum

20MM Aggregate : 720 Kg / Cum

12mm Aggregate : 414.0 Kg / Cum

C.N.Plastizer : 400 ml/Bag ( Each cement bag is 50 Kg )

Water Cement ratio : 0.46

Bulk Density for Sand : 1500 Kg / Cum

Bulk Density for Aggregate : 1550 Kg / Cum

I request our friends Please share yours ideas to avoid wastage. I am doing Multistoried ( 32 Floor )Structure at kolkatta. Height of the Bulilding 90M.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do I get this right? The wet density of the yielded concrete is lower than expected from the design? Or the actual cement used at a given period is more than the cumulative cement content of the produced concrete? What were the yielded wet density and the expected one? Are there any changes in the aggregates moisture content and was the design corrected? Is there any change in the aggregates specific gravity? Did you check the air content? What’s the slump and when did you test the wet density? Are you comparing the cast in-situ concrete with the daily production or was it the wet density that alarmed you? Too many questions, much less details!!!!!
A. Sadi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back