Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BEAM STRUCTURE VISUALIZATION AS REAL 3D BARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferro1001

Automotive
Aug 11, 2004
DE
Hi,

I have been asked to calculate an structure with beam elements and it works ok, but now I have been asked to see the beam structure as real 3d bars, not as lines. I have been reading the tutorial but I haven´t found anything. I think that ANSYS can do it, you define the bar section and ANSYS draws the real 3D bar. Can ABAQUS do the same? Please, help me.

Thanks in advance,

ferro1001

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Abaqus oo can define a general section by a series of points but this still remains a beam element. I think you're being asked to model the beam using thin shell elements.

corus

Hi Corus,

I have defined my structure with beam elements, but I have been asked to see the different beam elements in the visualization module with the different sections I have defined. Does anybody know if it can be done in ABAQUS?

Thanks in advance,

ferro1001

ferro1001

I know what you mean - you need to see the defined "shape" of your beam elements in terms of 3D element shapes. This can be done easily in ANSYS by issuing the /eshape command, so I'm sure there must be an equivalent method/visualisation in ABAQUS, which I'm sure someone here will know...

-- drej --

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back