Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogue One

Mechanical
Jul 19, 2020
GB
Hello everyone,

I hope you're all well.

I am trying to figure out what the bearing set up is in the photo attached. Please could I get any advice?

As far as I can see, starting from left to right, the set up is:
- A bearing end cap (I am confused, because it has a central tightening screw. Perhaps it's an adapted bar end plug for the bearing shaft?).
- A pillow block bearing (welded to back support pad).
- Bearing lock collar (out of view, but I have confirmed this viewing other videos).
- Brass coloured bushing or sleeve?
- Through hole plate welded to base frame.
- Box section end and pipe within? Box section attaches to seat pad.
- Through hole welded to base frame.
- Brass coloured bushing or sleeve.
- Bearing lock collar.
- Pillow block bearing.
- Bearing end cap.
- Obviously, there is some sort of shaft running through the whole set up.

Purpose of this set up: It joins the gym bench's back support and seat pads to allow them to adjust on the same hinge.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

J

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=1a994fbb-17e3-45b9-8754-33cbcfc8ef5e&file=Screen_Shot_2020-07-19_at_11.03.12.png
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

@3DDave,

Thanks for your reply.

I am looking for advice on if the bearing set up and its components I have listed are correct. For example, I have suggested from left to right, the first component is some sort of end cap with a central fastener screwing in to the shaft. However, I am looking for confirmation or suggestions if this is correct. Perhaps it is an shaft end plug instead. Another example, is I think the second component is some sort of housing - a pillow case bearing.

Any help, suggestions or confirmation on my suspicions of the setup would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
J.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back