Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

* Befor a macro Could be dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow

Computer
Mar 1, 2001
US
ok i hope no one ever does this cause i cant figure out how to get it to stop this is what i did
i was renaming some blocks using the rename command then decided to make a button (^C^C_rename) which worked fine but i wanted to set it so if i renamed like 3 or more different blocks or other things that it would repeat so i added * to the beginning (*^C^C_rename)This was a mistake cause the help says that the only way to stop the command is to hit escape well as everyone who has used rename it is a dialog based command and now its stuck in an infanite loop and esc doesnt do a thing if anyone has any idea other than doing an end task on autocad let me know if everyone helps everybody the world will be a better place

Can't you just remove the * and reload your menu again, I dunno where you entered the *, I quess you added it in your Acad.mnu? Hope you get it better again.

no when you go to create a button for a tool bar the area to create a macro for a button if you place a * infront of you macro it repeats but when i did it the thing just went into an infanit loop which is bad cause the only way i found out how to get out of it was to ctrl+alt+delt and do an end task on it.

if everyone helps everybody the world will be a better place

Well try to get rid of the button in your Acad.mnu, here is your new made button defined, and I think that you can get rid of it in there. Cause if I understand correctly when ou open acad your made button goes on and on from the beginning? If you remove your button in your acad.mnu, this function won't appear in your toolbars, and you can start all over again.
Hope this helps, like to help you out too :)

no i think you have it all wrong it only goes into an Infinite loop by pressing the button alone but it would be nice if i could run this command again but without it gettting into the loop so yes i know i can remove it from the MNS/MNU file but the question is when you set up a button macro to do something multiple times how do you stop it if esc doesnt work if everyone helps everybody the world will be a better place

Word of caution, never use a dialog based function with the multiple execute syntax. If you really need to mutiple execute just press the enter key again or right click and select the last command.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back