Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BEST ALIGNMENT FOR COMPRESORS ALONG THE PIPERACKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansito

Industrial
Jun 21, 2008
ES
Dear colleagues:

In my present project we are installing a set of 3 alternative compresors. They must be at one side of a pipe rack and we have some controversial opinions among the group:

Some (like me) have the opinion that the best option is locate the compresors axis perpendicular to the pipe rack, mainly because maintenance is easier.

Others say that the best option is locate them with axis paralel to pipe rack axis.

Please send me your opinion and or past similar experiences.

Regards,
Hansito

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Axis perpendicular.

Main lines do not cross over or under or have to go around the compressor leaving lateral spaces open for personnal access and location of auxiliary equipment, fans and intake air not blowing on other compressors, nothing in the way of overhead gantry or boom crane access, etc. etc. etc.

"Pumping accounts for 20% of the world’s energy used by electric motors and 25-50% of the total electrical energy usage in certain industrial facilities."-DOE statistic (Note: Make that 99% for pipeline companies)

What he said, unless there are physical restrictions to access

<<A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend
will be sitting beside you saying ” Damn that was fun!” - Unknown>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back