Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best and clearest way to insert images into NX ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alderfek

Aerospace
Feb 22, 2006
US
Hi all,
Something a little basic. I have to insert customer drawings into our border formats for release. What is the best and clearest way to do this ? Would be cool if there was an editor in NX that would let me trim and eliminate what I do not want in the image.

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Alderfer
Designer
Meggitt Polymers & Composites
Rockmart, Georgia

"Imagination continually frustrates tradition, that is its function." -John Pfeiffer

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When you say 'image' are we talking about 'photographic' files like a JPEG or TIFF type image?

If so, then the only real option is, while in Drafting with a Drawing displayed, go to...

Insert -> Image...

...and place the file on the face of the Drawing. The only thing that that you do with these types of files in NX is to change their size/scale. If you wish to do any other type of editing, you'll need to do that in some other application like Photoshop or Windows Paint.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Thanks John,
That is what I was afraid of. My issue is the quality of their document translating it over to NX. Goes from fairly good to fairly grainy and that makes me worry that it wont scan well.

Again thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Alderfer
Designer
Meggitt Polymers & Composites
Rockmart, Georgia

"Imagination continually frustrates tradition, that is its function." -John Pfeiffer

NX can only deal with what it was sent. If it comes across grainy there is nothing that NX can do about it.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Kirk

If you can get the drawing in CGM format, then you will get a much better result. You may need to experiment with the difeerent settings for creating the CGM as this can affect the ability to import text and tables.

Mike Hyde
NX8.5 with TC9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back