Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best cad cam for sheet metal 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

harveymazak

Industrial
Jul 17, 2003
GB
Hi everybody
At the moment i am running radan 2D/3D cad cam system i am wondering if anybody has got an opinion on any other systems worth trying.
thanks Harvey uk

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If possible try get a look at WiCAM PN4000 cad cam software. They excel at laser functionality and can do anything you require. From dragging laser leads and burn-ins on the nest to stretching parts on the nest, scheduling etc. If you are using Trumpf they will easily support all Laser Tech Tables.
It is a complete 3d / 2D / NC package for all machines and types punching laser, waterjet etc.

Hi Their,

We recently purchase SigmaNest software. Excellent product and expandable with lots of options and add on's.
The CAD fetures are OK but the nesting and programing are superb.

We also purchased Rotary laser cutting software from them as well.

Hi,

After 16 years of search for good CAD CAM package for Sheetmetal I found Pro-Engineer. I am using Pro-Engineering Foundation with NC Sheetmetal module for Turrent punch presses. This is truely integrated package I have ever seen for sheet metal fabrication. Design your sheet metal component, unfold it, tool it up (I am using for Turret Punch Press, can be used for laser too) and post-processing in one single environment. No DXF conversions necssary at all. Modification in design reflects in flat and subsiquently in NC file with very little efforts in retooling.

Hi everybody
Im looking for a CNC controled laser drilling machine with ability of drilling .5 mm dia holes in 6 mm thk steel.
Do you know any manufacturer?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back