Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best Countries for entry-level aeronautical engineers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayve

Aerospace
Sep 30, 2020
ZA
Hello world

I am new here and I am not sure if this is the correct platform for the following questions, apologies if it is not.
I have recently graduated from the Wits University, South Africa(SA) and I am looking to see if there are any companies willing to hire aeronautical engineering graduates outside SA within the aerospace/aviation industry? I am currently learning python, machine learning GANs, looking to apply for Masters, and diving deep into flight dynamics and aerodynamics to improve my skillset. Am I on the right path here?

Many Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not in aero, but, basically, no. Why would a company recruit someone with no track record from overseas, when the chances are very high that there are plenty of underemployed aerospace grads in their own country, with no security clearance issues, no need to get a visa, etc etc? The usual thing to do in your case would be to do a 2 year masters in your destination country and hope that you can make enough contacts to get a job. Australia would be a very bad choice for this, but that process costs about $70k.

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

Masters is pretty much the only viable option at this point, I agree. Thank you for the solid feedback. The world ought to shrink some more😂😂

Cheers
Ayve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back