Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best Modeling Approach for Scaffolding Structure in Pro-E?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laserxenon

Mechanical
Jun 2, 2003
US
Hello All,

If you have a minute, can you suggest how you would go about creating the attached file in Pro E?

It is a scaffolding based tower approximately 32 ft. tall. The model is simply for promotional purposes (ie inserting the model in a site picture to illustrate the concept), no FEA or anything like that. The joint details dont matter, neither does it matter if it is tube or solid construction, just circular x- sec. It really may not even be that important to have circular x-sec- they can be lines of a certain length as well.

I tried doing a closed sweep and this didnt work due to multiple closed sections. I thought about modeling individual elements (ie a frame) and then making an assembly of many parts, but this would be alot of work. I'm looking for a quick and dirty way to construct this to illustrate the concept, and highlight a few important dimensions.

Thanks for any input,
Drew

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Modeling the components and doing it as an assembly will be the easiest. You can use mirror if both ends are identical.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

There is an add-in module EFX (Expert Framework) that makes that kind of product much easier but I think it is rather $$.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back