Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best mouse/input for SolidWorks 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

overkill4

Mechanical
Oct 6, 2005
Hi all,

Just wondering if some of you have some favorite mice to use at your Solidworks stations. I just finished a day of steady detailing with some more on the horizon and my forearm is killing me.

Any suggestions?

Spacepilot users feel free to input as well.

60% of the time, it works every time.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I use a "vertical" mouse which helps the stress and strain on the hand and wrist. You don't know how much stress and strain you are coping with all day until you try a new device like this one. They have right hand and left hand versions. You can program each of the 5 buttons to whatever you want in each application. For example in SWX my thumb is NORMAL TO command and the bottom button I use for SMART DIMENSION.
SEE it here:My other input device is a Logitech G15 gaming keyboard that has 18 extra buttons on the left side which are programmable in 3 different modes,so 54 possibilities, for macros.

Now that's a cool idea Ridein.

Very similar to Microsofts new mouse although Microsoft didn't go fully vertical. And that one blew me away by the feel. I didn't like the wheel on it though.

Anybody else tried the evoluent?

60% of the time, it works every time.

That's kind of why I was asking about the Perific Ergonomic Mouse, because the Evoluent doesn't have a roller ball and something doesn't feel right about the mousewheel. The Perific mouse has a lot of features and you can hold it in several positions. But you know how it goes...I'd like to drive one before I cough up the dough.

Dan

The evoluent mouse basically has your hand and wrist in the same general position as a handshake.
With most mice you can press the scroll button (or designated middle mouse button) down to rotate your model around to the desired orientation, so not sure why you like the Perific mouse trackball. The Perific looks like it can do a lot of things, but I just need a good mouse that is comfortable over a long day that has some programmable buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back