Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

BFW degaser operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimitris

Chemical
Oct 11, 2001
NL
Please discuss the temperature of BFW inlet at a degaser.
In our Ammonia plant we are feeding DW at a temperature of 90 C, in the degaser. The degaser operates at 102-103 C. Please discuss if an increase of the inlet temperature at 93-95 C would cause any problems at the degaser's operation.
Best Regards,
Dimitris...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
We are using an all organic BFW treatment. We are producing MP steam at a pressure of 45 Kg/cm2 and superheat it at 440 C.
The B.F.W includes:
-Addition of a three-amine mixture for the PH adjustment of our condensates
-Addition of a mixture of organic polymers for scale inhibition and surface passivation in conjuction with the addition of Sodium Phosphate.
- We also add an oxygen scavenger but this is at a later stage (exit of the the gegaser).

Hope that the information is clear enough,
Dimitris...

Hi,
In the Dagaser it is convenient that some chemicals injected in the outlet line of degaser storage tank .
Please inform me which chemicals are injected in the degaser and Which chemicals are injected in the outlet line?

Hi,
All chemicals are fed at the exit of the degaser storage tank.
Some of them are fed at the suction of the B.F.W pump and some at the discharge,
I am sorry for not properly clarifying that at my previous post,
Best Regards,
Dimitris...

The elevated DMW temperature will not help you as the total heat balance is on the stripping steam side.Moreover this increase your degasifier pressure and results higher steam loss

Dear friend,
I do not clearly see what you mean by saying that the total heat balance is on the stripping steam side ?
Plus why should there be an increase at the degasifier's pressure ?
You do not add a fixed amount of steam but as much steam as it is needed to achieve a certain pressure (and thus temperature).
The fact of the matter is that the overall heat balance was improved contrary to what you state.
Best Regards,
Dimitris..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back