Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Big geometry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin

Mechanical
Feb 25, 1999
HU
Can anybody write: How can I see the bigger more difficult geometry in shaded mode? What should I switch off or on? What should I change in the settings? (The problem is, thje speed of the regeneration of the screen!)

Irwin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What pre/post are you using. Are you looking at a meshed model or just geometry? Most of this software has extensive help sections on setting up graphics for cases like yours. Have you consulted these? My first advice is to spend the money on a better graphics card. Your question is nebulous, so not being sure what state the model is in when you are having problems, create layers or groups that you can turn on/off to view just those sections of the model you are currently working with. Turn off nodes, points etc. that you don't need to see (could be grouped again). See if you can stop items from being displayed during dynamic rotation via software preferences. The list goes on and on, but again, your render graphics section of the program help file should lead you in the right direction...

rjw57

I am using FEMAP (NASTRAN for Windows). If I watch large FE model no problem, but if I watch bigger geometry the program starts in every movement, zoom and rotation regenerate the geometry. It is long time!
I tried these layer and switch off/on versions. Yes in this case a little bit faster, but in the case of surfaces there is no effect. If I put all surfaces in one group the refreshing is still slow!

Our distributor has no idea about this problem!

Please help!

Irwin

I tried on several computer. I tried with Geoforce 2 and Radeon 9000 and Radeon 9400. I have always a problem with big geometry. The FE mesh is not as big problem as geometry.

Ervin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back