Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Big screen, touch screen, Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdeelR

Electrical
Sep 9, 2008
CA
Hi, can anyone recommed a good big screen, touch screen monitor. This is for a thermostat test fixture.
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I did a project recently using an LX15T-HR-U-A 15" Panel, which is hardened resistive, and anti-glare w/USB port.
It was about $2500 with the power supply and cables.

I work for Siemens (albeit for a different division) and a lot of our customers swear by the Simatic Touchscreens. A-B PLC users especially like them because they are apparently half the price of the A-B versions and they are easier to use. They come with drivers for almost all PLCs, including A-B's. The MP370 Series has 12, 15 and 19 inch versions, but they are more functional than just a touch screen HMI, they have some control capabilities as well. That's all I really know about them though, as I said, different division of Siemens than who I work for.

"If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe." -- Abraham Lincoln
For the best use of Eng-Tips, please click here -> faq731-376

If cost is a big concern, I would reccomend and Automation Direct C-more touch panel. I have had good experiences with them and specify this panel whenever cost is a factor. I have only used it with Modbus TCP, but it supports more protocols than that.

Good idea moose.
Thinking outside of the NEMA box, there are a lot of low cost touchscreen monitors that can be found at places like Newegg.
For an application which doesn't need industrial rated parts, such as a test fixture perhaps, the lower cost monitors might be a good solution.

I also recommend the Red Lion Screens. Price is reasonable, they are one of the simpler HMIs to program and technical support has been excellent.

Giz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back