Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Binary Drawing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brenwaterys

Computer
Nov 20, 2003
US
I am in the process of reviewing some data that we received from a customer and there are items of type BINARY DRAWING available when I do a report of the items in the library - however I cannot see these items in the library or seem to get access to them from the Master Assembly, Master Modeler, or Master Drafting. Suggestions?

Thanks,
brenwaterys

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

As far as I know, binary drawings are used for import / export drawings to different CAD systems. How did your customer send you the information? In a model file? In pkg file? in a dwg file?
Anyway, when you do a repport of an item in the library you can edit where each one of the part/drawing/assembly is located inside the library. In te "view report" window choose "format" then "?" then "name" and choose "parent item" for the library and "project" to know where is located.

The binary drawing is from an old version of i-deas, something prior to version 8. Back then drawings were created very differently, you had a "drafting Setup" to define what views of 3d data you wanted and it was processed down to a "binary drawing that you are seeing. Its nothing to worry about, i-deas will update it to a drawing w/o any issues most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back