Bingham Willamette Pump curve 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIANCH

Chemical
Aug 8, 2002
LY
Hi ,
i'm looking Bingham Willamette pump curve, these are cargo loading pumps purchase by Esso international and installed in Libya many years ago. our company data system don't have pump curve and specific documents, can anyone help to find out these documents.
Pump Serial No. 240647/8
HST
Size: 24 X 30 X 30
Discharge head 170 ft
speed 880 rmp.
Thanks for your cooperation.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It will be hard to find this pump data sheet.. Too old and to be filed in digital... Otherwise it doesn't exist, Sulzer will not have the data available in an easy manner...

I had a job, where the scope set a review design of  distillation columns made in the 60th for a french company that close in the 80th ,, we write a job report to the client that if they haven't the design data, for us were not possible to find it, . They accept it.

Horacio

If you know the flow at 170 ft of head and the dead head, you can build a reasonable curve. I suspect your contractor only really needs the dead head value for the stress analysis.

Thats a good idea. You'll still need the rated capacities at BEP to get close to a realistic curve. Does the pump still have any legible name plate ratings?

Wild Idea here...

Find a SULZER competitor with a very similar pump, same pump style, same diameter impeller.

Use the competitor's pump curve for an approximation

MJCronin
Sr. Process Engineer

After 60 years in operation, unless the pump has been rebuilt, is it unlikely it will perform to curve anyway.
Surely, after this time the owner must have some idea of the thru' put and head under operating conditions.
And if not why worry, were there any operating problems previously, adding some extra pipe shouldn't change much other than a little less flow and an increase in head.

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia.)

IMG_2335_ylf6lt.jpg
IMG_2336_h6kfid.jpg

Name plate is available but can't read it, see attached picture.

Corrected - likely to unlikely in previous post.

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia.)

Again.....

Whatever you do, please make sure that you just drop things when you get the information that you want ..

Never follow through, and never leave enough information for others to benefit

MJCronin
Sr. Process Engineer

Can you sand clean name plates? Is the dark colour rust or kind of paint? You must have some sort of equipment to clean and repaint the name plate. You may still need the information on them.

After 60 years in the Libyan desert getting sand blasted I think you would need to x ray the damn thing to see anything. Or something like that.

TV shows like CSI make it look easy!

I bet they just use an app on your phone...

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back