Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

biw interior acoustic

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerodof

Automotive
Jan 13, 2005
GB
Has anybody got any current industry experience of coupled acoustic modelling. I am interested in modal frequency response analysis. What sort of mesh density can give optimistic results on bothe structural and cavity.

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have been working on similar things for about a year now. One thing I want to point out; I understand that you want to fill and couple the air with the BIW structure. I use akusmod (msc software) to generate air. However, you should need a trim body model in which no openings are available and then the air is generated (depending on the mesh size) into the interior cavity of the vehicle
(structure).For a BIW model I never experimented manual air generation but still I see that you need some kind of constraint on the openings (ex. doors , etc.)

Manual mesh will have a better quality since the mesh size will be adaptive not fixed. It may be time consuming though. I will take a look at ACMODL.

Hi zerodof,
I was looking at the ACMODL, I did not use it before as our nastran decks are slightly different and as we are using AKUSMOD. I am not sure if you have the any kind of guide, but I am using quick reference quide and the format is as follows,
1 2 3 4 5 6
ACMODL INTER INFOR FSET SSET FSTOL

I would try INTER=DIFF (If only one side of the structure interacts with the fluid) , INFOR=ALL, FSET and SSET id numbers and some FSTOL value which is 0.001 if left blank.
In the deck you will have SET1=(id of fluid points) and SET2=(id of structure points).

Lets see if it works.

zerodof,

for a better explanation, take a look at:

msc.nastan 2004 release guide

chapter 7 talks about how to use ACMODL

find it at mscsoftware.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back