Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Black Zirconia

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryfisch

Materials
Jan 26, 2003
US
I am interested in injection molding a product out of "Black Zirconia". Can anyone help with a method for doing thisand where to obtain raw materials?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I believe injection moulding is used mainly for thermoplastic moulding process.
How It Works
The powder to be used is filled into the hopper of the injection moulding machine.It is then pushed forward by a ram in the machine to the heating cylinder of the injection moulding machine,where the powder will be heated.After heating the powder,it is then forced into a mould and allowed to cool.After some time when the powder must have cooled in the mould,the mould is opened and the moulded part is knocked out.
Sorry I don't think is possible for me to show you the injection mould diagram here,but if you still insist on getting the diagram,look for any polymer text book I believe you will see the diagram there.
As for where to get the raw materials,why not mail the guy untop with his e-mail address to see whether he can be of help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back