Blast proof Wall 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engr ZANIA

Civil/Environmental
Feb 19, 2018
PK
Hi!
I have to design BLAST PROOF BRICK MASONRY WALL, required height is 4 ft.
Please suggest or share design code and how to investigate the strength of brick wall and its joint

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Ok, you answered while I edited.

I think you need to have a look at your concept and how it works. Your wall sounds a bit like a sound barrier and I am not sure that is what you want.

Thomas

Let me rephrase it for your further clearification
Purpose of brick masonry wall is to protect the inhabitants on other side of wall, as a result of no mass catastrophic failure generated by VCE. I just want to go for brick masonry wall strong enough to take in dynamics of pressure without failure. Suggest me only any appreciable thing if you know

I'll try to explain it better.

Imagine that you have a wall, freestanding in an open space. On each side of the wall there is a person. If the person on one side shouts, the person on the other side will hear him.
That was a overpressure that was transferring the sound from one side to the other.

The thing is that I don't understand your idea with a 4 ft high wall (regardless of material) supported by columns, how will it protect people from a VCE? I assume that I am missing something.

Another thing, you mentioned 3 psi (~20 kPa) overpressure. I don't think that pressure is dangerous for a person. But that also depends on the duration for the overpressure.

Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back