Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Blasting 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobber1978

Electrical
Oct 6, 2005
CA

I have been asked to do a comparison on different blasting technologies and I have no experience with blasting. The three technologies I have been asked to look at are conventional, Orica's I-kon system, and a PED system(Mine Site Tech). Need to find the pros and cons on each of these systems, trying to apply it to a mine that's being reopened with the high price of nickel, it's a shaft mine and the ore they are going after is not very deep, only about 900 ft and the system we choose to go with has to be able to work in 3 zones.

If anyone has any experiences or information on these systems that would be great.

Thanks
Jeff

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

All will work.
From your point of view, it is only an infrastructure thing to ensure that they reliably work and that there is a back up way of initiating blasts. You may want to involve a mine operator (such as experienced mine captain/general foreman) in this decision once you have identified the systems from the retailers. find out from the sales people who they have sold systems to and ask them directly and even go visit one if there is any nearby.

Backfiller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back