Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

blend 2 parts in an assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

crizzo

Mechanical
Nov 28, 2003
US
Hello,

I've got a wing and a fuselage as seperate parts. I'm trying to create a nice fat fillet to join them.

So far I've created a new part within the assembly, and joined the fuselage and wing. Then made the fillet between the two. How now do I break out out the wing again, with the fillet added to it?

I've tried knitting surfaces, but can't figure out how to just save the "knitted" part. Any ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am not sure if this is what you mean, but I think you should do this within a part, not in an assembly.
If you have the fuselage as a part, insert the wing in the part (insert/part), and attach it to the fuselage.
combine the two parts as one body, Add the fillet, and use the split feature, to disconnect them again, then you can save the separate body's as parts..

I would do it similar to gerdjan's suggestion except that I would add the fuselage (or a section of it) into the wing, create the fillet and then cut away *(or delete)* the fuselage. *Depends how you create the actual fillet*.

... or, in the assy and before adding the fillet, edit the wing part, add a zero offset surface of the fuselage, then create the fillet. The fillet will then automatically be part of the wing.

... or save the assy you have as a part and cut away the fuselage.

[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back