Blend Fillet Inventor 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario1o1

Mechanical
Jun 29, 2011
US
Hi All,

I am trying to get a clean blended fillet in inventor so I can reduce the stress concentration in FEA. However I cannot figure out how to do this with the inventor fillet feature. I gave an example of what I am trying to accomplish in the image below. I used a sweep to cut out what a ball mill would do on the left side. On the right are just 2 fillets.

How can I accomplish the left with using the inventor fillet feature.

Thanks,
Mario

BlendFillet_zps7630cf68.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can apply a 3rd fillet to the edge you "swept", but this will also fillet a portion of the component you may not want to be so.

[peace]
Fe (IronX32)

I want the component to retain its hard edge. This will allow the use of brick elements on the beam. I only want the fillet to be smooth.

You can try a very small fillet on the vertical edge first, something like <.0001". Then fillet the base. I'm not sure how it will affect your mesh though.

Yea any small radius on the hard edge will cause a new face. This complicates things more than I want to deal with. I see that other programs can blend fillets. I would think inventor would be able to do the same. If it doesn't exist in inventor I can use ANSYS Design Modeler if someone knows how to do it in there. I would prefer to keep my modeling in inventor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back