Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Bluebeam/Solidworks Crashing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickg

Mechanical
Jun 24, 2002
US
FYI We are running SW 2004 and full blown Bluebeam. If we change a configuration, saved, and closed a file in SW we would crash 100% of the time. When we turned off Bluebeam in the addin menu the problem went away.

Before giving a helpful tip (this should have be more of a question), you should indicate whether or not you have talked to your VAR or Bluebeam concerning the problem?

I have lots of customers that use both pieces of Software and I have not from any of them. So your problem my local to and your company.

What have you tried to do to fix the problem?

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [bdaycandle] to me

If your in the SW Forum Check out the FAQs Forum559

To make the Best of Eng-Tips Forums FAQ731-376

I'm not sure if this is related, but the Bluebeam "Save as PDF" function didn't work for us until we upgraded to service pack 3.0.

If you would have repaired your install, you probably would have fixed your PDF issue.

What he's talking about is the full blown version of Bluebeam. The PDF you and I have is the free bluebeam PDF that is built into SW. You can buy a pushbutton PDF version from Bluebeam.
Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [bdaycandle] to me

If your in the SW Forum Check out the FAQs Forum559

To make the Best of Eng-Tips Forums FAQ731-376

This wasn't off the cuff "Helpfull Hint". Our VAR was aware of the problem for 6 Months. We had this problem on Two different work staions. We replaced all the key components in one work station. We bought a new lower level PC for another application and tried it and it also crashed. We finally started logging the crashes and determined that it always happened when we changed configurations, saved, and closed. We were able to reproduce the crashes 100% of the time. With help from our VAR we traced the problem to Bluebeam. When Bluebeam was off there was no crashing 100% of the time. Our VAR went back to his office and could replicate the problem on his system. Bluebeam was notified and they could replicate the problem. They have gone back to SolidWorks.

Not all solutions falls into one of your "Cookie Cutter" solutions to all problems. This was a big problem to us! I thought we may actually be able to help someone who is experiencing the same symptoms.

dickg,

Have you heard any more regarding this problem? I have recently upgraded to SW2004 sp4.1 and Bluebeam 2.2.8 and this problem still ocurs.

Anyone know if this problem has been fixed in SW2005?

Roller1,

I don't know if they have fixed it or not. We print using an API call rather than thru Bluebeam. I got around the problem by loading bluebeam - making the PDF - and then unload Bluebeam all within the api call. We have an intranet image system and we have to pass custom property info as well as the PDF to the system, hence the api call.

Hi,
I am running SW2004 sp3.0 and can not save as pdf...I use the Acrobat distiller to create pdf's through the print function. Is there a solution out there to this problem besides an API call?

SWCADMAN

This problem has finally been fixed with 2005 SP3.1, but it's interesting to note that it's not listed in the SPR's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back