Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blueberry harvester info wanted 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

griffengm

Industrial
Jan 12, 2003
US
Is there any info published on the characteristics that make it possible to mechanically harvest blueberries or other soft fruit like raspberries?
I know that the same harvesting equipment is used for both crops but have been unable to find quantified data such as how much force is required to cause a ripe fruit to drop. Searches have turned up several manufacturers but so far the data I'm looking for eludes me.
All of the harvesters use some type of mechanism to impart velocity which translates to energy to separate the fruit from the plant. Either the velocity or the energy figures would serve my purpose.

Griffy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I do not know the amount of force needed, but the force needs to be adjustable. Michigan State U should have the info. Also there are several blueberry growers assoc which might point you in the right direction

Hello, i am a representative of Doug Bragg Enterprises Ltd. We have over 900 Mechanical low bush blueberry harvesters in north america and are the only true alternative to hand rakeing. Theese machines work extremely well and are all built in our manufacturing facility in Nova Scotia canada. If you would like any information on our harvester please contact me stephen@dbe.ca website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back