Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bluetooth mouse compatibiity Dell laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBW1240

Civil/Environmental
Dec 14, 2004
US
I have 2005 running on a Dell laptop with a Dell bluetooth mouse I use for traveling (Vista OS). I have not been able to use the 'wheel-depressed' pan function. I think I need to delete the Dell driver and let Microsoft control the mouse. The dell driver may be overriding the ACad settings. I am unsure how to do this w/o screwing up a bunch of stuff I have no business messing with. Can somebody walk me through this w/o alot of effort. Should I try to save the dell driver for future ref or is this a waste of time? Thanks for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Oh, it's not you, it's Vista. My husband is a tech genius and couldn't get Vista to tolerate his dad's blue tooth mouse. I'd call Microsoft and take up half of one of their techs' days getting it sorted.

KBW1240,

I hope you found a solution by now, but if not I have one for you!

Under the Blue Tooth Software (Dell Set Point)...

Button 3 should be set to "other", then in Select Function, choose Middle Button.

It is NOT a Microsoft problem. Dell just has their software configured different. Reset that button to a Middle Button and you will be good to go.

Good luck!

Thanks, but no luck. I have more or less solved my problem but installing AutoCAD 2008. Everything works fine when using 2008. I appreciate your response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back