Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Boeing document D6-24957 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig1983

Feb 26, 2009
CA
Hello All,

I am after the Boeing book D6-24957 "Design for durability and damage tolerance" i believe is the title. I used to own a copy but cannot find it anywhere!

Anyone knows where I can get my hands on a copy? Maybe even download? I just don't deal with Boeing anymore and lost my contact their.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I believe it is D6-24956, but the copy I have is pretty old. Unfortunately, it is Boeing Proprietary, 1000 pages long, and 43 Meg. You need to find another contact. Boeing probably doesn't release this to anyone not under some formal agreement with them and, if they do, they probably charge a not-so-insignificant amount for it. I would also say that I think the DTA methodology has been changing a bit lately, so, while this has some really good information in it, you may need to think about the DTA course taught by the FAA.

Garland E. Borowski, PE
Engineering Manager
Star Aviation

GBor,

I think that d6-24957 is the newer or updated version of d6-24956...

Anyway, do you have a contact at Boeing I could use to get documentation.

Thanks

Afraid I don't. I go through our Document Control or Operations group. We have a direct contact because we work under contract directly to Boeing in the publications arena. Not sure who you would contact to simply request the document, but I'm sure there are some Boeing employees on this site that should be able to help you out...

Craig - It's out there on the net. You just need to find it. Certainly not the most current version, but it's better than nothing.

googling found a couple interesting "boeing manual"s ... but not the one (or it's static friend, that i had some years back till someone pilfered it) in question ... any hints bf109g ?

Try "fatigue" with Type set to "Any" and Method set to "Automatic."

There's two docs - one thru 1980 and one thru 1988. As I said, not the most current, but at least something for your library.

While you're at it, the Airbus doc will come up with the noted search criteria.

thanks,

just made the search and found couple of interesting docs. will wait till it's in the cpu.

Unfortunately i still didn't find the original Boeing book D6-24957 "Design for durability and damage tolerance" i am looking for.

bf109G,
I know really crazy... does it make a difference on which server you are connected to when using emule? if so can you give me your connection details. I am currently connected on sharing kingdom 2.

still no luck when plugging in fating and setting any and automatic

never mind.... it just appeared.

i can only see one file. hopefully its the right one @ 17mb.

well let you know once its done...

So i just finished searching emule and found that a lot of manuals are searchable and that this is a gr8 source for certain documents...

How about giving bg109g a "star" for a helpful post. Just click in the bottom left-hand corner of any of his/her posts and then confirm...

Yeah d6-24958 is quite hard to find... I was able through emule to find 6 and 7 not 8.

I can tell you that 6 is more the experimental data and 7 is the analytical way and formulas. What is in 8?

Never said I got them or downloaded them or using them ;).

I just found them using a "search".

Look at previous posts i just used what Gbor suggested.

"bf109g (Aerospace) 9 Mar 09 9:03
Well, two I found were not on the www.

Try e-Mule."

"Craig1983 (Aeronautics) 9 Mar 09 9:11
bf109g what search criteria did you use on e-Mule?

Search results were 0 for me."

"bf109g (Aerospace) 9 Mar 09 9:35
Try "fatigue" with Type set to "Any" and Method set to "Automatic."

There's two docs - one thru 1980 and one thru 1988. As I said, not the most current, but at least something for your library.

While you're at it, the Airbus doc will come up with the noted search criteria."

"Craig1983 (Aeronautics) 9 Mar 09 10:52
thanks,

just made the search and found couple of interesting docs. will wait till it's in the cpu."

sure sounds like you're using emule ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back