Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOM Balloons - BOM on one sheet, drawing view on other sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimnissen

Mechanical
Nov 9, 2010
DK
Hi

I have a table with my BOM and I want this on the first sheet of my drawing file. The next sheet should then be the drawing view.
But how do I get the BOM Balloons on the sheet with the drawing view, when I do not have the BOM on this sheet?

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The BOM bubbles will pull the Item No from the sheet 1 BOM across all sheets in your drawing file.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

But I cannot pull the Item number/position number in the sheet with the drawing view. I am trying to use the BOM Balloons function but without any luck.

While on Sheet 1, select Table/BOM Balloons/Set Region. Set the region for the type of balloons you want. Change to Sheet 2 and select Table/BOM Balloons/Create Balloon and show them on your view.

<tg>

I have 3 regions in my BOM, the table.
Tooled items, standard items and electrical items.

I can only add one of those regions to the drawing view on sheet 2. I succeed with first the tooled item (alone), then tried the standard items (alone) and at last I tried the electrical items (alone). This worked fine as long as I clear every region between the attemps and thereby removing the BOM Balloons.

I know that this have worked before as there have been one prior to me that used this system.

Thanks for your help so far.

"I am not able to change to sheet 2 when the menu for the BOM Balloons is active.The tab for the sheet is faded out."

Then get out of that menu after setting the region. Change sheets and then go back to it.

<tg>

You should be able to make the existing Views on Sheet 1 Invisible wth Erase View and switch the BOM balloon view to Sheet1 Apply balloons and move the view back to original sheet 2.

"Surprised the Menu Manager hasn't gone away from BOM Region setup."
Maybe in CREO v3.0

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back