Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOM combination of part numbers 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripper2

Specifier/Regulator
Jun 14, 2007
US
Hello all.
Hope you all are well today.

I have threee belts with different P/N's (examples below)and these belts are the exact same size. However, now they want the 3 belts combined to 1 P/N.
Below is the example::

The P/N assigned I need assigned for the final belt is 11111111 from the vendor.

Ok..I have (3) belts - 02xxxxxx_Master, 02xxxxxx_Master1, 02xxxxxx_Master2. Again, the only difference in these (3) parts is the installed shape. What I need the BOM to do is combine the (3) unique part numbers together, so the single line item will read the P/N 11111111 and a quantity of 3.

I've tried some stuff - unsuccessful.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Rip

SolidWorks 23007 Office Pro.SP 4.0
Compaq Presido 6000
Win XP

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sounds like you need multiple configurations of part #11111111 - each configuration corresponding to a shape found in 02XXXXXMaster, 02XXXXXMaster2, etc.

dgo,
Yes, that sounds like what I need.

Do you know of a way to do this?

Thanks!!

Rip

Compaq Presido 6000
Win XP

When you create a new configuration, there is a Bill of Materials Options where you can select from a drop down menu. Choose 'Configuration Name', and make sure to name your configuration appropriately.
Where you already have the parts modeled, you could always use Insert->Part rather than recreating all three iterations. It might make things easier for you.

Jeff Mirisola, CSWP
CAD Administrator
SW '07 SP2.0, Dell M90, Intel 2 Duo Core, 2GB RAM, nVidia 2500M

Hi JMirisola!!

Thanks a bunch for your help!!

Thanks to you dgo as well.

Jeff - - just subscribed to your blog.

Rip

Compaq Presido 6000
Win XP

Yer blogs a pleasure reading, Jeff.

Just remember to say something nice about me in the next issue!!

Rip

Compaq Presido 6000
Win XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back