Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOM Crashing my Drawings

Status
Not open for further replies.

apsando

Mechanical
Mar 22, 2012
I am working on making some exploded assembly drawings but when I add a BOM I cannot reopen the drawing.

I will go through and make the drawing with no problems. I can save it in SW and other formats with no problems. But, when I close the drawing I can no longer open the SW drawing. I can still open them if I save them as a PDF or such. I can even open the SW drawings in eDrawings.

I see the file in the folder but if I try to open it form there or go File > Open in SW nothing happens. If I try to make a drawing from the assembly I am told that one already exist but when I try to open it that way I get a message that I don't have write access but nothing happens when I try to open it as read-only.

I have narrowed the cause of this problem down to when I add a BOM to the drawing. Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this?

-Anthony

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What version of SolidWorks are you using?

"Art without engineering is dreaming; Engineering without art is calculating."

Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of these Forums?

check your microsoft settings.
I had a similar problem with Alibre and found I had inadverently checked a box making the files protected.
B.E.

The good engineer does not need to memorize every formula; he just needs to know where he can find them when he needs them. Old professor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back