Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOM List in Teamcenter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taner41

Mechanical
Sep 3, 2014
FI
Teamcenter 10, NX 9

Hi all,

I have a main assembly in NX and in this main assembly I have 4 different sub assemblies(lets call them A,B,C,D). In these A,B,C,D sub assemblies, I have some same components. When I want to order the components in main assembly, I send it to structure manager and from there i export it to excel. But in the excel list these same components in A,B,C,D are shown each time for each sub assemblies.
My question is: can we pack the same components as "X component: Quantity: 4" automatically before exporting to excel?

Thanks in advance!
Taner

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you trying to do this as a one off in Excel or have it stored in TC?

One idea would be to flatten the BOM. You could create a separate BOM style in Teamcenter that would hold the flattened BOM. Or you could write some VBA in excel to output part totals in a separate column.

Ron

I want to have it sorted in TC.

For example, if I want to order X component, no matter in what sub-assembly it is, I want to get the total quantity in one line. It should not be so difficult task but how to do it? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back