Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcharles

Mechanical
May 14, 2001
GB
Is there a way on ProE 2001 in that I have a 12 components in an assembly which is being driven by a layout table. By altering these values changes the component/assembly. The trouble is on the parts list that I want some items shown as number 1, number 2 etc in the list. But it seems irratic that these componets can be nu,ber twelve (at the bottom). Is there a way to lock theses items to certain positions in the BOM?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

You will need to use TABLES, BOM TABLE and FIX INDEX, select the table, select indivuidual parts and enter the part number you require.

Hope this helps.

----------------------------------

maybe only a drafter
but the best user at this company!

Hello,

Sorry, I meant TABLES, REPEAT REGION and FIX INDEX.

Hope this helps.

----------------------------------

maybe only a drafter
but the best user at this company!

Hi to all,

I also faced a problem with BOM creation. I am using the commercial 2001 version. My assembly is 3 level and the FIX INDEX command does not seems to work on sub regions. I wondered if there is a way to work around it. Perhaps, you can enlighten me on how to perform part numbering for a 3 level sub assembly. Another problem I faced is Pro/E placed the parts in an assembly according to alaphatical order. Lastly, I like to enquire how to ensure no duplicates across different assembly levels. This is because I used the same part file in 2 different levels of assembly and I ended up with 2 same part names.

Many Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back