Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOOK ABOUT COST ENGINEERING RECOMENDATION 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

adpollo

Chemical
Jun 15, 2003
US
HI!
CAN SOMEBODY RECOMMEND ME A GOOD BOOK ABOUT COST ENGINEERING?
I'M BEGINING A PROJECT RELATED TO THAT AND I'M NOT AN EXPERT, SO I'D LIKE TO HAVE SOME LITERATURE ABOUT IT TO CONSULT.

EVEN BETTER, IF YOU KNOW ONE THAT IS AVAILABLE IN MEXICO!

THANKS!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't know if this is too late, but try this website:

I am a member of this organization, and their monthly publication regularly includes helpful book recommendations.

There is a bookstore link on the homepage.

Hope this helps.

J. Wiley Publications has a large number of reference manuals in regards to cost estimation, look up the website, and do a product search for "estimating" and you should find 10 or so titles available. I've used the "Cost Estimator's Reference Manual, 2nd Edition", which has some good data but is quite wordy.

Marcel Dekker, Inc. has a whole series of excellent books on cost engineering. See their web site at In particular look at Basic Cost Engineering (Humphreys) and Applied Cost Engineering (Clark & Lorenzoni). The leading university text on the subject is Jelen's Cost and Optimization Engineering published by McGraw-Hill. All three of these books are also available through AACE International at

I like a book that is generic and detailed enough for many applications, especially for a design engineer in an E&C company:
"Analysis, Synthesis and Design of Chemical Processes"
by Turton, Bailie, Whiting and Shaeiwitz
published by Prentice Hall PTR, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey 07458

it also includes a CD-ROM with the CAPCOST Program

I paid $ 85.- four years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back