Status
Not open for further replies.

Melimelo

Chemical
Sep 25, 2008
FR

Hello,
I'm novice process engineer.
Can anyone advise me good books for design?
A very simple, clear and educational with a lot of examples to begin slowly but surely...
For the moment, I'm reading the GPSA, wonderful...Do you know other books ?
Thanks a lot...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Crane Technical Paper 410 should be on every Engineer's desk that does fluid flow calcs. You can buy it on the internet in SI or English units. LOTS of examples in it!

Good luck,
Latexman

OK, OK, thanks...
I was looking on the net, it seems that it can be downloaded for free...But when I tried, it doesn't work...
Do you know if I can get a free copy somewhere?
Méli :eek:)

It is Copyright protected, and furnishing a copy is illegal. It is only US$ 45. Maybe your company will buy it for you.

Good luck,
Latexman

GPSA and Crane Technical Paper 410, already mentioned, are both essentials.

Maxwell's "Data Book on Hydrocarbons" has a lot of good info in it. Kind of like a mini API for way less money.

Lieberman's "Working Guide to Process Equipment" and "Troubleshooting Process Operations" are both pretty good.

Cameron Hydraulic Data is another handy reference.

Thank you Jason5000 for all these information...

Lieberman's "Working Guide to Process Equipment" looks very interesting and simple for young engineers like me.

I think I will began by buying this one...

From the title, Maxwell's "Data Book on Hydrocarbons" looks more interesting for people working on petrolium sector, no?

I'm in a gas company, do you think I could need it?

What do you think about....(I forgot the title...), a book of R. Branan, I think, do you know it?

Thanks again,
Méli :)

Maxwell has quite a bit of of hydrocarbon data, obviously from the title. Also it has a lot charts, correlations, nomographs, etc. necessary for sizing heat exchangers, evaluating heaters and the like. If you're in a gas plant I imagine you could some use out of it.

Branan's book is "Rules of Thumb for Chemical Engineers". It does have quite a few little nuggets in it that most engineers amass over the course of a career in one place.

Hello Jason5000,
Thank you for your answer...

Well, for the moment, I have ordered Branan's book altough one of my colleagues told me just before yesterday that it was not necessary...(?)
I don't agree with him because the little I saw in this book from googlebook looks very interesting...

I also like Lieberman's "Working Guide to Process Equipment" and definitly, I'm going to buy it as soon as possible :eek:)
I hope these books will make me a better engineer :eek:)

Thank again Jason and see you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back