Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bosch CP3.4 Common Rail Fuel Pumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatteringRam

Mechanical
Mar 22, 2005
US
I am looking for some information on some Bosch common rail CP3.4 fuel pumps for a project. Looking for information such as maximum flowrate and operating pressures. I have no idea how to get this information from Bosch, and I am having no luck finding out about these pumps through engine manufacturers such as Cummins. Anyone have any idea how I can get information on Bosch Common Rail pumps?

Horace

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For Mercedes Benz Sprinter 316 cdi:
1. Max. working pressure: 120KPa
2. Min. working pressure: around 30KPa, about 800 rev/s

This is all I can help.

If I remember correctly, the CP3.4 is the common rail pump. Under normal operation, the pump is supply from 280 bar up to 1600 bar. However, the pump is capable of running up to 2000 bar. Depending on the age of the pump, running at 2000 bar ( 200kPa) will definitelly reduce pump life. Recent development shows that this pump is capable to sustain this pressure for almost the complete vehicle life.

From what I know, this pump is usually build in 4 cylinder up to 2.2 litres. If you do the math, you get the max volume. You always have to calculate that about 20% of the fuel has to back to the tank. This is due to the fuel regulation and injector back flow.

Hope it helped

Jerome Douay
Team74

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back