Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Boundary conditions Abaqus

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahMatta

Civil/Environmental
Jun 11, 2015
FR
Good morning everyone,

I was wondering if there is a way to force two nodes to have the same displacements without giving them values of these displacements.

I'm going to explain with more details: i am working on a cellular material (foam with open cells), so i've modelized one cell of it (Kelvin cell) and i am doing the boundary conditions so some nodes should have identical boundary conditions (because when i assemble many cells together, some nodes connected should have the same displacements. The question is: how could i make similar displacements for two nodes without giving these displacements a particular value.

Thank you in advance,

Sarah

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

I am sorry for disturbing you again, i want to use the option of equation constraint to do the periodicity in my kelvin cell, equations should be:

1)Ui1 - Ui2 = Ui1(ref) - Ui2(ref) with i=1,2,3 (Uij(ref) are displacements of conjuguate points)
2)Oi1 - Oi2 = 0 with i=1,2,3 (O is theta the rotation)

but how can i introduce these equations in the equation constraints in Abaqus? can someone please tell me the steps i should do? (i've seen this part in the abaqus tutorial but still don't know how to do it)

thank you in advance

sarah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back