Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brake design basics and function of Bosch ABS-1 systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CentralCoaster

Mechanical
Sep 20, 2005
US
I'm looking for info (hopefully not all proprietary) involving effect of bias changes from brake "upgrades" and particularly on ABS-1 cars. I've done my share of bias calculations, line pressure, piston & rotor sizing, stopping distances, etc, but I'm new to ABS, so I'll start with a basic system like this. Plus it debuted on Corvettes in 1986, which are right down my alley.

It's been awhile since I've been to the library. Can I get SAE publications there?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Some university libraries will carry Some SAE publications. Most public and university libraries can get almost anything through inter-library loan, if you are willing to be very patient.

I'm gonna head down there this weekend. They have a ton of books on it, not SAE stuff apparently. The SAE publications are $12 or so per paper, but you don't really know what you're getting I wish they had a better summary than just the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back