Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bravo to Solid Edge conversion: program given- doesnt work properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amear

Mechanical
Dec 6, 2004
CA
Transfering BRAVO files to Solid Edge, I was given this program by solid edge to complete the transformation. It does not seem to work with our system, but Solid Edge strongly opposes that. Can anyone find a problem? have the same problem? converting Bravo.dwg to Solid Edge.dwg?

---------------------------------------------------------
!
! Let's create a listing of all BDRAFT files in working directory
! Create list.bat file used to create DWG2DXF.DAT listing file of BDRAFT part files
out1 :== fopen file=list.bat write
write file_id=#out1 format="dir/b *.dwg >dwg2dxf.dat"
fclose file=#out1
! Run list.bat
system command ={list.bat}
! Just a simple little dwell used to give system time to create dwg2dxf.dat
! If file is not created in time adjust dwell
dwell :== 50000
count :==1
while (#count ~= #dwell)
count :== #count+1
end
! Must make sure DWG2DXF.DAT file has been created before going on
!prompt text=" Check for DWG2DXF.DAT File Then Enter <cr> to continue..." valid=string resp=note1
! Now tell system to open listing for read
dwgfile := fopen file=dwg2dxf.dat read
! Read in first part file from listing
! Set looping conditions
while (#status ~= eof)
load file=#name ! load part file from listing
dxfext :== ("dxf") ! declare dxf file extension
dxfname:==(#name||#dxfext) ! add dxf file extension to part file
save file=#dxfname dxf ! save part file off in dxf format
clear all no_confirm ! clear open file from system
! Read in next part file from listing
! If end of file has not been reached, back to start of while loop
! If end of file has been reached end loop
end
! Close read file
fclose #dwgfile
! Create cleanup.bat file to delete temp files, and fix file extensions
out2 :== fopen file=cleanup.bat write
write file_id=#out2 format="del list.bat\\n"
write file_id=#out2 format="del dwg2dxf.dat\\n"
write file_id=#out2 format="rename *.dwgdxf *.dxf\\n"
write file_id=#out2 format="del cleanup.bat\\n"
fclose file=#out2
! Run cleanup.bat file
system command ={cleanup.bat}
echo {Conversion Completed}

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Where is it failing and what are the error messages?

Do you have the path statement set properly?

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."
"Fixed in the next release" should replace "Product First" as the PTC slogan.

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

In contact with USG technical support, I have been told:

"Just rename the file so the extension is .CMD. This works good with a shortcut to BravoDraft. Just chance the shortcut startin directory to the one you want to do the translation on. Next start the shortcut. When BravooDraft is prompting "Select a MENU Item" enter the command @C:\dwgtodxf.cmd or any complete path to the command routine. All files will be translated"

"to place the above program "dwgtodxf" in a folder with a number of .dwg files. Next double click one of the .dwg files in the folder to start Bravo. Once Bravo is started enter @dwgtodxf in the Bravo input line and it will make a DXF file for each .dwg file."

What happens when @dwgtodxf is entered in Bravo, the screen blinks, which I assume the program is running, and then the screen goes back to a Regular Bravo screen. Looking in the folder which the file was opened a .dat file is created listing the drawings supposiably translated to .dxf format but those files are nowhere to be found.

When the file dwgtodxf is run by itself an error pops up on the screen saying somthing along the lines of #out2 line error. Which I can see as a one of the last lines in the program.

I see your from Ingersoll, were actually located just outside Dorchester ON, trying to transfer many thousand files from Bravo.dwg to .dxf so we can hopefully use them in Solid Edge and eliminate Bravo. Thanks for taking a look

Hi Amear,

I want to know more about converting BravoDraft .dwg files to Solid Edge dwg or AutoCAD dwg.

--> Please let me know if this utility was separatel given to you by SolideEdge people or is it incorporated with the base CD.
--> Were you sucessful in converting these files.

--> Is there any other way of opening/converting/viewing BravoDraft files using any other software?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Manish

It's been 11 months since I initially posted this message, tried many things. Have read tons about converting BravoDraft .dwg files to Solid Edge dwg or AutoCAD dwg.

There seems to be no easy and simple way. We're still working with Bravo unfortunately.

Let me know if you find anything

Regards,
Alex

Thanks Amear,

Is there any way in BravoDRAFT through which these files can be saved in any other format like DXF, IGES etc?

Is BravoDRAFT still availabale for purchase through any company or is it discontinued?

Did you find any way at all easy or difficult to get this done?

Thanks for your reply ones again.

Regards

Manish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back